Ministry of Information and Communications is in the process of revising the existing Transport Policy 2006 and coming up with the “Sustainable and Inclusive Transport Policy. The main objective of the revision are:
- Ensure that universal access to safe, affordable and reliable public transport services are achieved
- Inclusive transport that would bring social cohesion and harmony
- Promote development of alternate modes of transport where feasible viz. ropeways, railways and riverine, to have better regional accessibility and thereby reduce dependency on road
- Promote the adoption of energy efficient transportation such as mass transportation systems, electric and hybrid vehicles, non-motorized transportation, such as walking and cycling etc
- Strengthen the coordination among all relevant stakeholders, including all government agencies, involved in planning and implementation of transport projects
- Create an enabling environment for adoption of various initiatives proposed through timely amendment of existing acts, rules and regulations
- Contributes towards RGOB’s vision of attaining a sustainable economic growth.
As such,MoIC would like to invite/encourage all to provide your comments/suggestions/views on the first draft policy document to enable MoIC to come out with more comprehensive policy document. Kindly provide your comments/suggestions/views latest by 20 Feb. 2017 either in this post or MoIC Facebook page.