In light of the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan City, China and cases reported in 15 other countries as of today (30th Jan 2020) including Sri Lanka, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and Nepal; the Ministry of Health urges the general public to avoid/postpone travel to these countries for holidays, pilgrimage, leisure etc…until the outbreak is officially contained.
In order to ensure that the visa facility is not misused and also to fix accountability on the applicant and for oversight of the relevant department under MoIC on the matter, all the Departments and Divisions under MoIC are in this respect, to follow the procedure outlined below for visa clearance and processing:
- Forwarding letter for visa to be routed through the Head of Department/Agency from where the visa request is originating with details of applicants;
- A program schedule where relevant to be attached.
- A duly signed Letter of Undertaking from Head of the originating agency including visa recommendation letter;
- CV’s of the consultants/expert etc. to be attached for reference;
- Necessary vetting process to be completed by the respective Departments;
- Concerned Department to put up Note with recommendation to Secretary for approval;
- Concerned Department to draft letter to be signed by Secretary for forwarding to DoI, MoHCA.
Further, visa application process for hosting International Conference/Seminars in Bhutan/including participation in trade promotion events etc., shall be as per the Executive order C-2-39-320 dated 30th October, 2019 issued by the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
Contact Person: Mr. Sonam Dorji
This is to notify all interested Taxi Drivers in Thimphu to participate in the subsidy program for the project titled “Bhutan Sustainable Low-emission Urban Transport Systems”. The Project aims to roll out 300 Electric Vehicles as Taxi in Thimphu within three years with the provision of 20% of cost (or up to USD 5,500) per EV in the form of subsidy from this project.
In order to select the first batch of eligible taxi drivers wishing to buy electric vehicles as Taxi, the Project Management Unit (PMU) under the Policy and Planning Division (PPD), MoIC, invites all taxi drivers within Thimphu, including the ones registered with the PMU to report with valid documents on 10th September at 10:00 am sharp in the conference hall of RSTA, Lungtenzampa for selection of the first 80 lots.