Therefore all stranded passengers are requested to register with 1010 for this service.
Consequent upon the information released on Cyclonic Storm YAAS by the National Centre for Hydrology and Meteorology (NCHM), the Department of Disaster Management would like to inform the general public that the tropical cyclone over the Bay of Bengal will make landfall on the Odisha–West Bengal coast at noon on Wednesday, the 26th May, 2021 as a Very Severe Cyclonic Storm. As per NCHM, Bhutan may, as an impact of YAAS, experience cloudy weather, light to moderate rain in general and thunder and lightning over the southern and isolated places of central parts of the country from 25th to 27th May.
While severe impact from YAAS is not anticipated in the country, the Department of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home & Cultural Affairs, would like to remind the general public to remain vigilant to ensure your safety and that of your family. The Department would also like to urge the Local Governments to be alert and enhance preparedness to respond effectively to weather induced emergencies. Further, as Monsoon approaches near, the DDM would like to urge all to take the following steps to minimize risk to your life and the lives of your loved ones:
- Be aware of the history of flooding in your area and the potential flood risks.
- Do not go near the streams and river banks as flash flood can occur suddenly and without any warning due to weather events happening far upstream.
- Avoid all unnecessary travel and in case you have to, exercise extreme caution, as landslides and shooting boulders are very common during the Monsoon period, especially along the unstable stretch of roads.
- Never let children play near the river banks or allow them to go for swimming/ fishing in the river.
- If a flood warning is issued by concerned officials, be on the alert and listen to radio/ television/ online news for emergency information.
- In case of a flooding event, run to higher grounds and stay there till authorities determine whether it is safe to go back to your home.
- Cooperate with local authorities to ensure efficient and effective rescue and relief operations.
Cyclone YAAS Live Updates-National Center for Hydrology and Metrology,Bhutan.
For more information please contact +975 335578, +975 339673, +975 77452632
Find the following relevant officials responsible for services of the respective departments to address urgent matters.
|Division Name||Department Name||Services||Contact Details|
|ICT Division||Road Safety and Transport Authority||RSTA online services||1. Sonam Dema / 17944864
2. Rinchen Jangsem / 17614747
|Infrastructure Division||DITT||Providing access to government systems and citizen oriented systems - GDC hosting and monitoring||1. Nidup Gyeltshen/17811110
2. Pema Dhendup /17858580
3. Damchen Zangmo/17677901
4. Deepika Suberi/ 17726013
|Gewog Connectivity & Internet demand aggregation||1. Sangay Choden/17510195
2. Karma Tenzin/17385683
3. Tshering Wangchuk/17663272
|BtCIRT Division||DITT||Cybersecurity Incident Response and online advocacy||1. Dechen Chhoeden/ 17651405
2. Dolay Lham/17765458
3. Pratima Pradhan/17627062
4. Sonam Choki/17458106
5. Radhika Orari/17858205
|Application Development Division||DITT||Monitoring of critical website||1. Tshewang Chojay/17806616
2. Darshan Thapa/17757502
|GSuite Email for WoG||1. Sonam Lhamo/17770202
2. Tshewang Chojay/17806616
|Datahub and SSO registration||1. Tenzin Norbu/17439160
2. Menlam Choden/17834560
|eGov endrosement and Technical Clearance |
and Agency support
|1. Dawa Tshering/17657268
2. Sonam Penjor/ 17776060
|Division of Telecom & Space||DITT||Monitor Operation of SAS ground station||1. Dawa P. Lodey/77737799
2. Rinchen Khando/177751134
3. Kencho Tshering(ADTL)/ 17247965
4. Dorji Gyeltshen(ADTL)/17977115
5. Tashi Dema (ADTL) /17949076
|Fiber Leasing approvals||1. Thaye Choden /17972230
2 . Manika Thapa/17761265
|Tech Industry Development Division||DITT||Sector Clearance for FDI investment||Deepika Rai/17726917|
|Tax exemption clearance for domestic IT Companies||Sonam Tenzin/17598291|
|Capacity development program||Sonam Choden/17850206|
|Digital literacy and Department's Budget related update/progress||Jamyang Sonam/17852415|
|ICT Managment Division||DITT||Identification and Mobilization of government ICT Professionals for WoG ICT initiatives||Ugyen Lhamo/17921798|
|ICT HR services - transfer, nomination, fast track promotion||1. Ugyen Lhamo/17921798
2 . Sonam Choden/17833911
|Coordinating with all the ICT Officer in Dzongkhag and Thromde||1. Pempa Tshering/17294798
2. Yeshey Pelden/17669263
|Policy Planning Division||Director of Secretariat||Transport Sector||Mr. Sithar Dorji / 17111355
|APA, Budget and Planning Services||Mr. Khandu Dorji / 17296414|
|ICT, Telecom and Media Sector||Mrs. Pema Chetsho / 17114216|
|Legal Services,Postal related services||Mr. Pem Tshering / 77391938|
|DoIM||DoIM||Central Covid taskforce member||Riku Dhan Subba|
|Updating National Covid web page and facebook of DOIM||1. Sonam Yangden
2. Sonam Dorji
The Road Safety and Transport Authority,Ministry of Information & Communications would like to notify the general public that 3 (THREE) temporary service stations are established at Dechencholing, Lower Babesa Truck Parking and Changlingmithang Parking to enable renewal of vehicle registration and Road Worthiness Certificate (Fitness Test). The stations will be opened from 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM from 15 – 29th October, 2020.
All visitors are requested to abide by the following requirements:
1. All vehicle owners wishing to avail service from these stations must register by calling the 1010 facility. The help desk will issue each person with a time slot and a token number to come to the respective stations. Registration is open from October 14, 2020 between 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M.
2. The arrangement will supersede the extended period. With effect from November 1, 2020, the registration renewals will be resumed with the regular applicable late penalty fees.
The RSTA office will provide services as usual.
Contact Numbers: 1010/77141199.