In order to ensure that the visa facility is not misused and also to fix accountability on the applicant and for oversight of the relevant department under MoIC on the matter, all the Departments and Divisions under MoIC are in this respect, to follow the procedure outlined below for visa clearance and processing:
- Forwarding letter for visa to be routed through the Head of Department/Agency from where the visa request is originating with details of applicants;
- A program schedule where relevant to be attached.
- A duly signed Letter of Undertaking from Head of the originating agency including visa recommendation letter;
- CV’s of the consultants/expert etc. to be attached for reference;
- Necessary vetting process to be completed by the respective Departments;
- Concerned Department to put up Note with recommendation to Secretary for approval;
- Concerned Department to draft letter to be signed by Secretary for forwarding to DoI, MoHCA.
Further, visa application process for hosting International Conference/Seminars in Bhutan/including participation in trade promotion events etc., shall be as per the Executive order C-2-39-320 dated 30th October, 2019 issued by the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
Contact Person: Mr. Sonam Dorji