In light of the outbreak of Coronavirus in China (Map-Tracking the Outbreak Spread) and its spread to other countries, the Ministry of Information and Communications hereby issues the following travel advisory to the general public:
- Avoid travel outside Bhutan, both by overland and by air
- In the event of unavoidabke travel and to reduce the risk of infection:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from respiratory infection and
- Use face masks, gloves and alcohol – based sanitizers while handling passports, documents, luggage etc.
- Travelers with symptoms of respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette by:
- Maintaining distance
- Covering cough and sneezes with disposable tissues ir clothing
- Washing hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes and mouth
- Follow health advisory issued by the Ministry of Health
Tourists and Bhutanese arriving in Bhutan with travel history to infected countries are requested to cooperate with the law enforcement agencies at the point of entry and follow their advice.