Connecting the unconnected and establishing a harmonious knowledge society.
Promoting the development of reliable and sustainable information, communications and transport networks and systems and facilitating the provision of affordable and easier access to associated services, particularly to meet the basic social needs and help improve living standards of people in rural and far-flung communities of Bhutan, for the ultimate purpose of making a meaningful contribution to Gross National Happiness.
The Ministry’s objectives are:
- To increase safe, reliable and affordable surface and air transport;
- To enhance access to sustainable, green and inclusive public transport;
- To improve access to reliable and affordable ICT and media services;
- To improve effective and efficient public service delivery; and
- To keep alive culture and tradition through ICT and media.
- Department of Information and Media
- Department of Information Communications and Telecom
- Department of Air Transport
- Road Safety and Transport Authority
- Bhutan Civil Aviation Authority